ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Lufthansa on lifemiles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Mick, May 19, 2017.

1. Mick

Mick Member

hi all! I'm thinking of using this great omaat lifemiles promotion to get to Europe. I was hoping to fly Lufthansa but I see almost no availability. Does it exist at all? If not any preference for Austrian over Swiss? I think I'd take either of those over Lufthansa business but the times aren't as good (looking for late flights out of ord to Europe anywhere- need to end up in London). Unless the 7pm Swiss flight arrives

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Lufthansa typically doesn't make partner award space available until about two weeks before a flight. I've not flown Austrian or SWISS but LH business isn't super-special so I'd try one of them.

3. Mick

Mick Member

Thanks mate always helpful!!!

The flights are within the two weeks and I see them on ua but not lm.

I'd like the 730 flight on Swiss but not shown atm

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

There are sporadic reports of LM not seeing LH inventory. That could be the case. I'd double check on Aeroplan to make sure UA is not showing ghost space.

5. Jacob McCarthy

Jacob McCarthy Active Member

I haven't flown LH or SWISS, but I had a great experience in J on Austrian last month. The seat may be a little lacking, but the service definitely makes up for it.

6. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

And as we get closer to summer realize that award space may never open up. The day of the week can make a difference too. A year in advance I snagged a J seat for a trip last October, hoping F award space would open up, but it never did on my date (a Monday) though it was available both the day before and after.

7. Jacob McCarthy

Jacob McCarthy Active Member

Summer award space seems to be pretty bad.
    This spring space was pretty good on the * carriers. The flight I personally was on had 4 J award seats ~2-3 months out

8. Mick

Mick Member

Thanks for all the help. I've been excited for a while to take advantage of these lifemiles promotions but very hard to get good availability.

I think I might go with united to Amsterdam 2x2x2. No late flights on united out of chicago that I can find. Usually Lufthansa or sas. The latter has no availability that I can see. Used to be abundant