ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Marriott air and hotel Certificates

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Gary Wyatt, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Gary Wyatt

Gary Wyatt Reader

Lucky,

I know you have discussed this in detail and listed your strategy yesterday but I am looking for some advice. I have 3 5 night Category 7 certificates in my account. 2 expire in July 2019 and the 3rd expires in January 2019. I spoke a few weeks ago with someone from Mr. Marriott's office and was told that I should be able to use the Category 7 certificates for Cat 7 hotels once the integration takes place. (I have the voicemail saved!). My plan is to use 2 of the certificates in May 2019 at new Cat 7 properties - Mystique in Santorini and The Gritti in Venice for my 30th anniversary. Do you think I am safe keeping these as cat 7 or if you were in my shoes would you upgrade to cat 9 to be safe?

Thanks

Gary