ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Marriott Award Night Blackout Question

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Zach_L20, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Zach_L20

Zach_L20 New Member

I'm a sliver member of Mariott. From the member benefits page (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits/silver.mi), Marriott stated explicitly "Redeem your points for Free Night Awards at any of our more than 6,700 hotels and resorts worldwide, for any day of the year, even holidays. If you have the points and we have a standard room, it’s yours."
    I was looking for a room in WNY. I was not able to book using my points, however at the same time the cash option is available on the website. Meanwhile, the exact same room (Guest room, 1 King, Sofa bed) is available for points redemption the day before and the day after my planned trip, making it clear it is a standard room. From my understanding, Marriott did not honor the guarantee that as long as a standard room is available, I can book with points. Am I wrong here? Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    - Zach