ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

MQMs

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Laura, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Laura

Laura Reader

My husband and I have been flying to Italy every year through Delta and we have the regular skymiles card for over 20 years. Our miles are low in our accounts and we are not getting any MQMs. I have researched this and it seems like we would need to get another card with an annual fee and spend 3 to 4 thousands dollars in 3 months. We cannot afford that. Is there another way to earn MQMs?

Thanks

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Hi Laura, welcome. You should have earned MQMs for your flights. These count towards elite qualifications for the following year and then disappear unless you attain status, in which case any extra MQMs roll over to the following years.

My first question would be why you are looking for additional MQMs? I'd also suggest reading up on the four cards that offer DL MQMs--the AmEx DL Platinum Personal and Business and the AmEx DL Reserve Personal and Business. After hitting spend thresholds that are calculated on an annual basis, the Platinum cards offer 20,000 MQMs each and the Reserve cards offer 30,000 MQMs each. Occasionally these cards will also offer MQMs as part of their sign up bonuses either with a first purchase or after meeting spend requirements. There is no way around this unfortunately but you can be creative by putting things on credit cards that you might otherwise pay by cash or check or by prepaying for things you might need later in the year.

Good luck and let us know if you have any follow up questions.