ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption No availability on domestic segment. What to do?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by vitaminJ, Jul 15, 2017.

1. vitaminJ

vitaminJ New Member

Hey guys,

Hoping you can help. Looking to book an award flight on Fiji Airways using AA miles. There is availability from LAX-NAN (using EF), however my starting point is NYC.

I don't see any MileSAAver awards from NYC-LAX except for one flight that would get me to LAX at 1:45AM, which is after departure time for LAX-NAN. Can I book LAX-NAN and if an NYC-LAX MileSAAver appears have them add it onto the award for free? Are there any solutions?

Any tips, suggestions, or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    J

2. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Also look for connecting flights to LAX. Sure everyone would love to be able to take the transcon so it's a hard ticket to get. Look at connecting in ORD, CLT, MIA, DFW or PHX. Heck, look at non AA hubs too, like Nashville (BNA), Washington (DCA), Austin, Boston, Las Vegas, San Diego and San Francisco. Anywhere that's got non-stop service to both the NYC airports and LAX will work.

rickyw likes this.