ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

ORD based life

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Flying Wrench, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Flying Wrench

Flying Wrench Reader

Hello. I am a mechanic with United at ORD and am trying to figure out what kind of points are the best for me to horde. I don't want anything United related I'm looking for an oh crap I'm stuck and need to get back to ORD card and if I'm stuck United wouldn't be an option. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    The Flying Wrench

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. wilve

wilve Active Member

The airlines that hub in Chicago are United and American; it sounds like you're looking to use miles in a "Get-Out-of-Jail-Free" scenario, which means that you might have to eat the cost of a non-SAAver award.

I'd definitely recommend, then, looking at whether American miles make sense. It's easiest to accure those through purchasing or a credit card bonus; wait for the big 50-60k bonuses to be available again!

Avios are also great if there's Saver-level space on the American flight you'd need to ORD

MidSouth Skier likes this.