ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Park Hyatt Aviara

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Park Hyatt Aviara, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Helping a friend get into the points hobby. He and his family (wife and two kids) have a trip in mind to the Park Hyatt Aviara for later this August. What card/cards would you all recommend to best cover the cost? Club privileges would be helpful. I was thinking Sapphire reserve. Will he take a big hit on credit if he gets 2 cards in a short time frame?

Thanks in advance!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

The PH Aviara is a category 5 hotel, meaning 20k points a night in a standard room or 32k points for a suite. Points and cash is 10k+$125 a night. For late August, paid rates for a standard room are about $300. Their base suite is $429.

If both your friend and his wife open the Hyatt card, they each get 2 free nights, plus 5000 Hyatt points if they add each other as an authorized user.

Chase UR points transfer to Hyatt 1:1 so those cards are an option as well. Not the greatest use of Chase UR points but can make sense for your friend and his family.

Club access is harder - You have to be staying in a club room or a suite or be one of their Explorist (4 club passes annually) or Globalist members.

Opening a couple of cards shouldnt impact his credit too much for too long.

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

And I believe that the 2 free nights with the credit card are only for a standard room, not a suite, though they are valid for any Hyatt in the world.

4. the maximizer

the maximizer New Member

Thanks for the responses! Is it possible to use the difference (12K points) to upgrade the 2 free nights (from Hyatt card) to suites?

Suites have club access too, or just club rooms?

5. David W

Yes, suites get club access.

I dont think you can use the points to upgrade the 2 free nights. On Hyatt's website, it says only paid stays can be upgraded with points.

6. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Did the Park Hyatt Aviara add a club lounge and I missed it?

7. David W

Ah. I was being general, not specific to the PH Aviara. Sorry!