ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Plane windows

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Pstm, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Pstm

Pstm Reader

Random thought, as I just got off a flight. I realized on my last several flights that the windows were so dirty on the outside that you could hardly see out of them when on the ground (doesn't really affect anything when you're in the air since everything is small/landscapes).

This made me wonder - how often are planes cleaned? Maybe there isn't a uniform answer for this. And I'm not talking about a full mechanical check up. Just washed.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Considering the additional downtime it'll add to the aircraft, probably not too often.

3. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Well Southwest does it every 6 months if I heard correctly on the video below. Which sound like during B check to me, even if I think they talk about C check in the video.

4. Scudder

Scudder New Member

Which makes the trend of pure white livery seem like a poor choice, with the grey box mark left by the jetway gasket.