ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Possible to "Pre-Pay" Global Entry?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MarkKomo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. MarkKomo

MarkKomo Reader

Wife and I each got the Chase Sapphire Reserve last year. Likely keeping one with an authorized user and closing the other. We both have Global Entry that doesn't expire until the beginning of 2019. Can we renew our global entry a year early to take advantage of the reimbursement before closing out the card? I'd rather "lose" one year and get the renewal fee covered if we can.

Has anyone done this or know if it's possible?

2. Andy 11235

Andy 11235 New Member

You cannot "prepay" global entry; however, you can renew one year before expiration. There's no penalty for renewing early, as it will just add five years to your original expiry date (so you don't "lose" a year).

MarkKomo likes this.