ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption QSuite availability

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Mark in MI, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Mark in MI

Mark in MI New Member

I had posted earlier about looking for award seats to JNB or CPT from the US in April/May. I am finding good availability on QR from BOS, JFK, PHL, IAD and ORD. My problem is that the only QSuites seem to be JFK-DOH. I have read that QR 725/726 from ORD and other flights have been changing to QSuites, but when I look up the seating charts on Qatar's website, they show A350-900 or 777 without the suites and many without the completely flat beds.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure all of Qatars A350 and 777 at least have fully flat beds. The only ones that don't are A330s, and those don't fly to the US

3. Mark in MI

Mark in MI New Member

On QR744 (BOS-DOH), for example, Qatar's website says that it is a 777-300ER and the business seats have a 78" pitch and a 177 degree recline. I have never flown in that plane and don't know what the seats are like. Even if they are close to lay flat, I'd really prefer to experience a QSuite.
    I am surprised though on how much business award availability there is from the US to Doha.The savings compared to BA awards is huge.