ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 14

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Adi_T, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Adi_T

Adi_T Reader

Hi Ben and all,

First of all, a happy new year to you all.

I tried to post a similar query yesterday but it didn't seem to go through. I currently have the American Airlines Mastercard so am not eligible for any other AA offers. However, I *AM* eligible for the USAirways Mastercard- and since the two mileage programs will be merging sometime next year, that might be a good way to amass AA miles.

The USAirways offer is currently for 50000 miles- once you have made a transaction and paid the 89$ fee- which is not, as far as I know, waived the first year. So essentially you are getting two roundtrip domestic tickets for 89$.

Before I plunge in and get it, I to run it by you gurus-- is this a good idea or are there any caveats I am not thinking of? Also how far into getting the card does the 89$ fee come due?

Any thoughts or recommendations?

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Adi_T -- I've written about the card many times, and it's an absolute no brainer to get it. The annual fee will be charged with the first billing cycle.