ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 26

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Bob P, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Bob P

Bob P Reader

Lucky

My partner and I have a trip to Australia, Fiji and Hong Kong quickly approaching so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you but to start could you recommend what would be our best bet for dealing with cell phones while on our trip? With currently have Verizon as our cell phone provider? Is there an international plan we should be taking advantage of or is our best bet to buy a SIM card in each country etc? We have What's App downloaded and plan to use it whenever and wherever possible.

Thanks

Bob

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Bob P -- To be honest I'm pretty low tech when traveling, as I just rely on wifi to stay connected, and typically don't have an international data plan. I'm not familiar with what Verizon offers for international plans, though if switching to T-Mobile is an option I'd seriously consider it, as they have the best plan for international travel:
    http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2014/07/27/review-t-mobile-simple-choice-international-plan/

Enjoy the trip, sounds like a blast!