ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 27

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Southways15, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Southways15

Southways15 Reader

Lucky;

I need guidance in resolving a situation regarding receiving erroneous information from USAirways Chairman's desk. I am 9 year Chairman, and on December 4 called the Chairman desk to confirm I needed to hit the 100,000 point level by 12.31.2014. I needed 1400 miles to hit the level. The woman checked my account and said I had until 28 February 2015 to attain the 100,000 point level, and I asked her to confirm it twice. Both times she said 28 February 2015 was the date when I needed to have achieved the 100K point level. I called this morning to confirm seating for a flight I am taking next week which would put me over the 100K level, and this time the woman said the date to reach the level was 12.31.2014. As of today I am still 1400 miles away and am getting zero cooperation from USAirways. Who do I escalate this issue to above the Chairman's desk? This is a case of them providing incorrect information to me.

Thanks...

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Southways15 -- That is indeed very frustrating, as the first agent was misinformed. The cut-off for qualifying for status is indeed December 31, as it's earned based on calendar years. The best I can recommend is emailing customer relations with an explanation of the situation, and seeing if there's anything they can do. Good luck!