ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Recent SPG credit card bonus points promotion

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by George Brown, Mar 9, 2018.

1. George Brown

George Brown Reader

My personal SPG credit card got the 5,000 bonus points offer - "You are now registered. Use your Card now through June 10, 2018 and you can earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints® after each $5,000 you spend in eligible purchases on your Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card, up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints. Terms and Conditions apply."

Would you pay a $10,000 tax bill for this bonus? Essentially buying 20,000 starpoints for the 2% ($200) fee? Am I missing anything, that sounds like a good deal to me?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

If you wouldn't naturally spend $10,000 otherwise... it's a pretty great deal. I'd imagine you'd easily be able to get more than $200 in value out of 20,000 points