ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Registration Issues?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by subichow, Jun 7, 2015.

1. subichow

subichow New Member

Not airline related but I'm not receiving my confirmation email for some reason and hence cannot validate my account. It's not in junk folder or anything.

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@subichow -- It looks like it's a problem with the forum software and Hotmail. I don't know how to fix it for everyone, but have manually confirmed your registration.

For anyone else having similar issues, please let me know! I don't want to just approve ALL the hotmail registrations, as some of them could be spam.

3. subichoww

subichoww New Member

Still didn't seem to work or be able to log in so I just made another account with a different email but thanks for looking into it!

4. TimWarp

TimWarp New Member

I've never received my confirmation e-mail. Yes, I checked my spam folder. And no, it's not a Hotmail account! Thanks, Betty

5. JerryH

JerryH New Member

I got nothing at my hotmail at all, and without a way to contact Tiffany (since we couldn't use the forum), I just gave up and created a new account with GMAIL and immediately got the email and registered okay.

Tiffany likes this.
  6. Tiffany

Hi @JerryH -- Glad you found a way to make it work!

For anyone else -- you can still comment and reply here without registering. It's not ideal, but we have it set up that way just in case.

7. JerryH

JerryH New Member

@Tiffany
    Just wan to say that unregistered visitors CANNOT comment on the forum or on this thread, so not really any method to contact you or other staff to fix issues

I'd suggest new members to not sign up with hotmail or sign up 2nd account if hotmail verification fails.

8. Tiffany

@JerryH -- Yes, sorry -- folks can post new questions without registering, but not sure they can reply to existing threads without doing so. Will look into that.

In the meantime, not using hotmail is probably the best solution for now.

9. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

Hi there,
    I only came across the hotmail issue after I had already registered so I was wondering if it would be possible for you to confirm my e-mail.

Hope you can help.

10. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

@Tiffany can help when she gets a chance. Hang tight!

11. Tiffany

@Emmanuel -- Welcome! Either the issue is fixed, or we got lucky, but you look to be all set up!

12. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

Thanks for letting me know. :)

13. MarkS

MarkS Active Member

Is there anyway to change my screen name to MarkS. (My browser apparently autofilled the name). Thanks