ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Second rate UK loyalty perks needs to be same as US

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Scotty, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Scotty

Scotty Reader

Hi Lucky
    Firstly congrats on an excellent daily read!
    I wanted to ask you if you are considering posting any material to benefit UK loyalty point collectors.
    Every where I look the best or in many cases, the only deals are available to US, and not UK cardholders.
    With Brexit looming, I'd happily offer Donald the UK, if we can get point parity on this side of the pond.
    Best regards
    Scotty in London

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

rickyw likes this.
  3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Part of the reason for the disparity between US and non-US credit card rewards is the merchant fee structure and local laws. I think non-US card issuers make less compared to a US card.

Years ago there were rewards when spending with debit cards in the US. However, a US law capped fees on debit card transactions and offering rewards was no longer financially feasible for the card issuer.