ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Selecting United Polaris First when booked in biz

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jumping Joe, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Jumping Joe

Jumping Joe Reader

I noticed that on international routes with old three-class 777s (i.e. not retrofitted with new Polaris biz seats), the first class cabin is being included in the business class seat map. I booked a flight on United biz, but I’m not able to select any of the 8 first class seats after booking. Any ideas on what’s going on? Do they block them for elites?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I had something similar happen a couple of weeks ago. I was on the old-config 777-200 with 4 middle seats in biz. I tried to book first but couldn't; I have lowest-level Silver status. When it came time to check in there had been an aircraft swap and we got the real Polaris business, 1-2-1 layout and no F. So maybe your flight will end up with the new J class.