ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards SPG AMEX - Free night added, but what about elite credit?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rob in Arizona, Jul 9, 2018.

1. I'm sure many of us are aware that the current SPG AMEX card provides 5 nights elite credit per year. The Marriott cards offer one free night and 15 nights elite credit per year.

I received an email from AMEX this morning stating:

"Starting August 1, as a Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card Member, you’ll receive one Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary"

There was no mention of the annual elite credit. I would prefer to stay with AMEX, but if they are only going to give 5 nights credit vs 15 elsewhere then I will probably change. It is good news however that AMEX will give the free night also.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

You'll get 15 elite nights, beginning 2019. However, it's not stackable - regardless of how many Marriott/SPG cards you have that give elite night credits, it's capped at 15 nights from credit cards.