ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

trouble using avios for alaska

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by bddad, Jul 12, 2018.

1. bddad

bddad New Member

I tried booking a flight from San Diego to Sacramento. Alaska showed economy award availability at 12.5 K miles.

I called British Airways and requested to use Avios for the flight since it is a short distance award. BA insisted that they did not see any award space on the particular day and on many days out. He was insistent that Alaska does not open up all awards to BA.

Any idea what to do?

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Can you see the flight on AA's site? If not, it may not be available to partners.

3. bddad

bddad New Member

I checked on AA and no it wasn't on AA, as a matter of fact. However, I thought BA had access to all Alaska fares.