ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Trying to book AA metal using Iberia Avios

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by AT in Atlanta, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:31 AM.

1. AT in Atlanta

AT in Atlanta New Member

Good morning. I'm at wit's end here. Trying to get a human when calling the Iberia 800# to no avail. I get transferred by automated system to a supposed representative and I receive dead air. Ultimately, I'm disconnected by the system. I've attempted this 10 times at least.

I transferred all of my BA Avios yesterday to IB Avios in hopes of using them to book ATL - CHI - LON for mid-November flight in Business, because there was availability. I couldn't do so because I was never able to connect with a human.

Has anyone had any luck with speaking to an Iberia rep?

Should I (rather, can I) transfer all of my Avios back into BA (even though I hate BA as much as I now hate Iberia)?

Thanks for any insight.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Ugh, that's frustrating. I've never had to call Iberia. Maybe @Tiffany has some insight.

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Maybe try using Google Voice or Skype to call a different number?