ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Trying to use my Amex Plat credit with Alaska

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MMM, Jan 31, 2018.

1. MMM

MMM Member

I’m trying to see if I can somehow get my Alaska ticket price to just below $100, so that this year’s Amex travel credit will reimburse it. Does anyone know if that still works?

Also, I have Alaska gift cards and was wondering if I can select only certain amounts to use and save the rest for another time? (example: $50 gc, but I only want to use $32 of it to bring my ticket down to $99, so I can pay with my Platinum card for reimbursement).

Or is this all too much trouble and I should just buy Delta gift cards? Thanks!

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

rickyw, Tiffany and No Name like this.
  3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I'd keep an eye on the FT reimbursement page. People usually post quite a few data points although I haven't checked Alaska.

No Name likes this.