ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

UA miles without Chase?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by johng, Jan 1, 2019.

1. johng

johng New Member

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to generate UA miles via spend in a reasonable way without access to Chase? Chase seems to hate me, and I am over on 5/24 anyway.
    Thanks!

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Frequent Miler's resource Transfer Partner Master List indicates you can transfer from SPG. I know that before the merger transferring SPG to UA did not have a favorable transfer rate but it's something to look at now that not only does it transfer at the standard Marriott-to-Airline rate of 3:1, you get a 10% bonus when doing that so it's like a 3:1.1 transfer.

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Or you could purchase United miles straight from them...

Tiffany likes this.
  4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Marriott, or use a cash-back card and just buy them.

Though I would ask, why are you committed to United miles? If you aren't leveraging Chase cards to earn them, there are other programs with more lucrative award charts.

5. johng

johng New Member

Thanks. Part of the reason I’m committed to them is due to work, we are 90% UA for international trips, and 50/50 between UA and Delta for domestic. I used to be an US Airways guy, but I swore AA off in 2017 when every flight I took them had issues. For my personal travel I’m a free agent for the most part, but still avoid AA.
    I only do international travel a couple of times a year, but it’s always in biz due to distances and every time it’s been either UA or LH on UA stock. I am more than willing to think about crediting to a different star alliance FF program if there are thoughts.