ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Unable to check in for AA Intl flights on codeshare?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by GeoffB, Mar 11, 2018.

1. GeoffB

GeoffB Reader

Hi Lucky,

I've seen this on forums before, and was hoping an expert could finally get to the bottom of it for me- when I've booked AA international flights (starting in the US) I get through the OLCI process until the very end, when I'm told "Please see an agent to check in". Details- I enter passport, etc info, so not me being completely silly. I am often not using my AA frequent flyer number, but have done so in the past, and still have the same issue. Most of the flights I'm taking are discounted airfare, O class and the like, fwiw. And I usually do the bookings on Priceline as opposed to The country I'm flying to (in this case) is Australia, so no Visa issues in that sense. Is it that nobody can do this (because passports need to be scanned)? Normally this isn't horrible, but the second leg of my flight (on Qantas) doesn't allow seat selection for free until you're checked in, which would require me to physically go to the airport. Thoughts? Solutions? Thanks!
  2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Assuming you're traveling with a US passport, it might be that the agents need to check for your Australia e-visa/ETA.

You might have to ask AA for your QF record locator and check in for the QF legs on Qantas' website instead.

Airfare/class of service doesnt usually affect whether you can OLCI or not.
    rickyw and Tiffany like this.