ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

United Polaris Business/First Seating on Three-Class 777-200

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Sam Z, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Sam Z

Sam Z Member

Am flying in United Polaris Business from IAD-FRA next May on a three-cabin 777-200 with the awful 2-4-2 in business. Just wondering who can pre-assign seats on United Polaris First (assuming the aircraft does not get retrofitted before then). Is it for elites, star golds, full fare, etc.? The website does not say.

2. Sam Z

Sam Z Member

Am flying in United Polaris Business from IAD-FRA next May on a three-cabin 777-200 with the awful 2-4-2 in business. Just wondering who can pre-assign seats on United Polaris First (assuming the aircraft does not get retrofitted before then). Is it for elites, star golds, full fare, etc.? The website does not say.

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can pre-assign those seats - I regularly see them all assigned at the gate. Probably full-fare, Global Services, and on down the elite list.

5. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it's a written policy, which is why you cant find anything. I'd assume the same as rickyw, in terms of how they'd be assigned. You could ask politely at checkin or the gate but dont argue for it if turned down.

6. jetset

jetset New Member

I just flew Polaris first last week. You have to use GPU or other instrument to get priority. We flew with one empty first seat so they don't clear elites into them proactively except for op-ups if business is oversold. FWIW they actually didn't clear non-revs into first either even though the seat was open...

rickyw likes this.