ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Update to booking "standard" award nights at luxury resorts

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by GDW, Sep 15, 2018.

1. GDW

GDW Reader

Lucky,

Any update on booking "standard" rooms at Luxury properties for the base rate? I booked 5 nights in a Bedouin Suite at Al Maha and was charged an extra 30,000 points for an "upgraded room". Seems like the Bedouin Suite is the entry level accommodation at this property. Once all this is sorted out will the extra points be redeemed automatically or will I have to request a refund?

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

That's wrong, I was able to book that same room on the SPG app (not the Marriott one) at the correct rate of 30k points per night.

I wouldn't expect anything to happen automatically -- if you have the extra points to book a new reservation I would probably do so, and then call to cancel the one that was charged at the wrong rate (and stay on the line while the points are redeposited).