ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Upgrade or awards to New Zealand? And a new question on fare class.

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kiwi Ian, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Kiwi Ian

Kiwi Ian Member

@MidSouth Skier - Hmm, I am learning a lot - I had no idea of that quirk! Actually, with the power of the Internet, I've also found that it is apparently a known "quirk" that United doesn't allow routing to Australia via Europe. I'd guess that's the likely cause. I'll just have to make sure our return flight is routed through Tokyo or Bangkok.

Have to say, this is a very educational experience for me. It'll go a lot quicker when I do this the next time :) There's probably a blog guide for beginners in here somewhere... Ultimately, it's definitely worthwhile as there's no way we could've done business class without using miles.

Tiffany likes this.
  2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

@Kiwi Ian - there sure is a beginner's guide. Look at the top of this page. Under the START HERE tab is a Beginner's Guide!

And you're right about the routing to Australia via Europe rule on UA. Heck, AA doesn't even allow routing to Australia via Asia on a single award!

Kiwi Ian and Tiffany like this.
  3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Kiwi Ian likes this.