ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Using Points for Wedding Expenses

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JohnJohn, Jan 4, 2019.

1. JohnJohn

JohnJohn Reader

Have had the chance to review posts regarding how to maximize earning on wedding expenses. But I'm curious, with about 500k EACH in American Express MR and Chase UR, and some more points in different airlines and hotel programs, is there a way of minimizing wedding expenses by using points? Would it even be worth it?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Would be a good use of a cash back type card, which is probably pretty obvious.

Or, you could redeem points towards a statement credit and wipe out some expenses. That's typically so frowned upon, but if you have 1,500,000 points... it might not be a terrible idea.

Maybe there's a way to use some hotel points to help offset the room blocks?