ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

When is the best time to book a paid stay in New York?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Wp01, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Wp01

Wp01 New Member

I'm going in the beginning of summer, and the rates I've looked up have been insane: $350 and up generally, even for hotels that Lucky stayed for much lower, e.g. Hyatt Herald Square.

Is there a specific time to be booking these hotels? Like _ months before? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Summer can be really pricey! I'd book a refundable rate now, and then hope to change to something better as it gets closer.

Wp01, Gaurav and Gia like this.
  3. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

I have found Booking.com very useful in that regard. Most room rates are refundable, and they cover a wide variety of properties. If you stay over 10 times, you get the so-called Genius status with 10-15% discount on your bookings. And finally: if you go through https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/ (or any other similar airline FF-linked shopping portal), you get an ADDITIONAL 3 AA miles per $ spent on your hotel.

MidSouth Skier likes this.
  4. Wp01

Wp01 New Member

Sounds like a decent plan.

5. Wp01

Wp01 New Member

Meh, don't really like using third parties. Would rather book direct.

Tiffany likes this.