ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards When one partner has the CS Reserved, the other preferred

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Adi_T, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Adi_T

Adi_T Reader

Hey all

I have the Sapphire Preferred card (have had it since 2013). My partner just got the Sapphire Reserve and added me as an authorized user. We intend to both use, and share the benefits of the card going forward.

I'm thus wondering if when the time for the next annual fee on my Chase Preferred arrives, whether it's worth keeping the card.

Anyone have any thoughts? Unless I'm missing some perk or hidden advantage, it seems silly to pay a second annual fee for a card when another card provides everything and then some.

The other options are to cancel it or downgrade to a non-fee card. If the former, my credit may take a hit, but then I could reapply at a later time. If I downgrade, which card would they offer I wonder?

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member