ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Which Credit Card to Get?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MikeSmith, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MikeSmith

MikeSmith New Member

I have a Capital One Venture Card that earns 2x miles per dollar. My girlfriend has a Gold Delta Skymiles credit card. We live in Atlanta, GA. These two credit cards are airline miles cards, not fixed or flexible points cards, right? Should my girlfriend get rid of her Gold Delta Skymiles credit card and try to get a Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card (which is a flexible points card)? We do some domestic travel, but we really like to save up for international flights to East Asia or Southeast Asia (we also might like to travel to Europe occasionally).

Thanks for your help!

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@MikeSmith Your Venture card would really be classified as a flexible currency since you can use it for any flights. The Delta is an airline miles card. If you want to accrue enough miles to take regular trips you will have to open accounts on a regular basis to get enough miles to get premium tickets. The cards you open will depend on where and when you want to go and how you want to travel (premium cabins, economy etc). You might consider cards with flexible currencies like SPG points (AmEx), UR (Freedom/Sapphire/Ink), MR (AmEx), and TY (Citi).