ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Which frequent flyer program gets me Star Alliance Gold tier the fastest?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Enzo, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Enzo

Enzo Reader

This question may have already been asked... I fly often on Lufthansa, Aegean, Austrian. Mostly on short distances, so I want to achieve Star Alliance Gold Status based on number of segments. Which Star Alliance frequent flyer program allows me to 'collect segments' on LH, OS, A3 flights and will get me to Gold the quickest? Anybody know? I just want the fastlane and lounge access, points/miles are usually hard to redeem anyway.. Thanks!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

It seems like youre based in Europe. It doesnt seem like you can use segments to qualify for Star Gold with either A3 or LH's program

United will allow you to qualify for status on segments and with a foreign address, you're not subject to the PQD requirement. United Premier Gold is the lowest level with Star Gold status and at minimum 60 segments are required. You earn 0-1.5 segments per flight depending on your purchased fare class. However, you must fly 4 segments with United annually before being granted status.

You can find the earnings chart here: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Marketing/CustComm/Promotions/Pages/AirlinePartners.aspx

No Name and rickyw like this.
  3. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member