ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Why Do We Still Care About SPG at this Point?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Condimented, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Condimented

Condimented Reader

Given the huge point devaluations for the merger, and now the increased category points, why should we care about the Marriott program at all? There doesn’t seem to be a benefit in earning points on the spg cards anymore compared to other great cards available out there. Thanks!

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I think it's all about balancing and diversifying your points. There are still some valuable options to be had, even if they are fewer and farther between!

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Marriott/SPG points are still transferable to the most number of airlines and for some, the Marriott/SPG cards are their only ways to earn those points.