ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards 2019 Program for Miles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rob in Miami, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Rob in Miami

Rob in Miami Active Member

Hello.
    Regarding a 2019 plan of attack for OneWorld points.....
    Previously, I used the Aviator Silver card to garner 6K EQDs and 5K EQMs on everyday purchases. The Aviator terms will change in 2019.
    2018 airline tickets, I used the AMEX Plat for the 5X points. I used that Aviator Card for all other daily purchases.
    Is there another approach that is better in 2019 than what I was doing in 2018? - for OneWorld American Airlines EQMs /EQDs?

2. Gia

Gia Well-Known Member

I can’t suggest a better strategy given the current state of affairs with the AAdvantage program however (and I don’t place a lot of weight on this), a Barclay representative told me last week that new benefits for the Aviator Cards will be announced soon so I’d hold the card and not cancel.

Before these recent changes were announced, I took out the free AA Citi Mileup Card which gives 2 miles on groceries.

Rob in Miami likes this.