ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

50K Qatar Points Expiring!

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JW1, Jun 14, 2020.

1. JW1

JW1 New Member

I have 50K Qatar miles that expire end of month. They're from a mile transfer I made a while back, but ended up booking something else. Now, I don't know what's the best way to avoid expiration. Any ideas before they explode end of June?

2. JW1

JW1 New Member

Hi Team,

Following up, that I was told on a call 'wait and see" by an agent. Very unnerving. But I received this email from Q this AM (attached). I assume it's a coronavirus where they are doing this a week or so ahead of expiration. They'd prefer you feel the fire under your feet to spend your miles (if not on travel, on other odds and ends), but I guess if you wait it out they will "do the right thing" and extend. YMMV.

Jayson, we understand that you may not have been able to use your well-earned Qmiles lately. To ensure that you are getting the best from your Privilege Club membership, we are extending all Qmiles due to expire this June, to 31 March 2021. Look out for the change to your Qmiles expiry date, coming soon.

Attached Files:

Gaurav, Clem, rickyw and 1 other person like this.