ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

aa paid upgrade offer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jjtconley, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Jjtconley

Jjtconley Reader

Just went to manage a trip in September and was offered a very good paid upgrade to F—$86 per segment for cross country domestic. This seems new; I have plat pro status and put my upgrade stickers into play on booking. Do you know if you get double EQM for a paid offer like this as you would if you purchased F to begin with? I can’t find an answer on AA.

2. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

Is that non-stop each way i.e. Roundtrip upgrade for $172? I'd jump on it (if you haven't already).

I don't know about the 2x EQM. I'd call AAdvantage CS. I do know that when offered a buy-up gate upgrade you do not get 2x EQMs. Not sure about when offered in advance on aa.com.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019