ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

AA Systemwide Upgrade

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JoshL2019, Apr 14, 2019.

1. JoshL2019

JoshL2019 New Member

Hi,

I have several systemwide upgrades in my AA account right now, and I plan on using it later this year. I want to use my systemwide upgrades on a multi-city itinerary, but the 'systemwide upgrades' button that normally appear on a one-way or round trip ticket isn't there when I tried booking the multi-city ticket. Am I allowed to use my systemwide upgrades on a multi-city ticket?

Thanks in advance.

2. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

Hi Josh - yes. Each SWU is good for one-way travel of up to three segments. See:
    https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-program/miles/redeem/award-travel/systemwide-upgrades.jsp

I simply don't know if AA's search page shows the SWU availability link if only one leg has availability or if both legs must before it appears. Expert Flyer would definitely show availability for each leg.

Gia likes this.