ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption AAdvantage award booking on BA not possible?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by C-H, May 1, 2020.

1. C-H

C-H Reader

Hi.

Trying to use AA miles to book a flight between CPH-NYC, and wanted to find a flight operated by BA 747 (LHR-JFK). However, I can't find any flights operated by BA at all. I tried searching throughout Oct-Dec 2020. (Only AA and AY available)
    Did I miss something? Is it not possible to use AA-miles to book flights operated by BA at the moment?

Hope there is someone with a bit of inside info ;-)

Thanks

C-H

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

You could try searching segment by segment or trying another partner search engine like Qantas to see if you have better luck. However it may just be that there are no award seats being released for your timeframe...

RTBones likes this.
  3. RTBones

RTBones Active Member

May I ask - how are you searching? I just went to the AA website, searched a random week in October and can find business availability on BA 177 and BA 183, both of which are listed as having 747s on the route (CPH-LHR-JFK). Even seeing BA 116 and BA 172 on the return listed as having availability and 747s.

As Guarav mentions, it may be your specific dates.

4. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Good point @RTBones - your best bet is to look for the LHR-NYC leg first as there will likely be less availability there. Once you find that, search for CPH-LHR legs that will get you to London in plenty of time.