ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Advice on SW card

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by DSENT, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DSENT

DSENT Member

I've had the SW Premier card for just over 6 years now and am thinking about cancelling it. I hardly ever use the card and get much better value out of my Chase cards. I have excellent credit (800+) and my average age of credit is 5 yrs 9 mo. Most of my old credit is from student loans and a mortgage. I also just cancelled the AA aviator card (11 mo old) since I had no use for it anymore.

Is there any real concern if I cancel this card? The average age of credit is really the only thing I'm worried about but maybe it won't matter much since I just cancelled a young card too.

Any advice?