ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Aeroplan not ticketed in time

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by RTW Dremer, Aug 17, 2019.

1. RTW Dremer

RTW Dremer Reader

Hello.

We were vacationing in Paris and my wife needed to get back a day early. I phoned Aeroplan, paid a change fee, and secured a different route home a day early. My wife arrived at the airport in the morning and was told that Aeroplan had not ticketed the flight. The agent could see the locator number (united flight) but could not board her. I also phoned Air Canada and since Aeroplan was closed they could not do anything about it. She had to take another taxi back into town and when Aeroplan opened they put her on another flight (from Lucky's blog I had the flight numbers ready for this to work). I will write them for at least the costs of the taxi but it this considered denied boarding? The incident took place at CDG. thank you

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Interested to hear what others think, but I don't think this is denied boarding. She (unfortunately) was not a ticketed passenger.

OCTinPHL and MidSouth Skier like this.
  3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I would agree. I'd ask Aeroplan for some sort of recompense, either cash or miles.