ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Airfare in COVID times - Amex Plat or Citi Prestige?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Adam123, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:18 PM.

1. Adam123

Adam123 New Member

I will by flying internationally and I am concerned whether the flight will take place as planned. There are many travel restrictions and I am concerned that quarantine restrictions will be changed or another lockdown implemented. I will be traveling from USA to Asia on a foreign carrier.

I will be paying cash for this ticket. Now, both citi prestige and Amex platinum offer 5X points, so that’s somewhat equal. But if something goes wrong (such as the airline cancelling/changing the flight due to corona virus), which card to better to put the airfare spend on? Or does it not matter?

2. Adam123

Adam123 New Member

Also, would it be better to buy the ticket directly with the airline, or use Amex Travel or Citi Travel portal?

3. Tevi Funaki

Tevi Funaki New Member

It really does not matter, both cards are good.

Adam123 likes this.
  4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Absolutely book direct with the airline, not the travel portal. Best to deal directly with them in case anything happens.

Tiffany and Adam123 like this.
  5. Adam123

Adam123 New Member

Thank you for your help!