ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Airlines and refund policies

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by DRW, Sep 21, 2020.

1. DRW

DRW Reader

I'm now completing the cancellation of my third vacation trip since the pandemic started. Some airlines have been very helpful and responsive to cancelling and refunding non-refundable tickets or tickets booked with miles. Others, not so much. I would like to hear other people's war stories on trying to obtain refunds.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Three cancelled trips... many, many phone calls but now we have several thousand dollars worth of AA vouchers that expire in 2021. Haven't tried to get a full refund, I'm happy with vouchers, but I imagine that's even harder.

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

One canceled trip next month. Had only booked the outbound with Alaska miles and that was returned to me right away. Hotel booking could be canceled 15 days in advance so no issues there with Hyatt. Had never even booked the return flight as things were so uncertain.