ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Airlines often sell you miles on the flights your flying on. What are your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Bill, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Bill

Bill Reader

Hi Lucky,
    I've become a huge reader of your blog over the last month and check it several times a day for updates... It's a little obsession :) I have a question that I'm unsure if you've covered- Airlines are often willing to sell you miles on the flights your flying on, Delta for instance calls there's "Mileage Booster." After doing the math, it comes in at 1.96 cents per mile.... What are your thoughts on these? I don't have a specific travel goal for mile mileage balance (I'm obsessed with having miles, but generally don't like to fly myself on miles - because then I don't earn miles) Work is paying for the ticket, so why not put little extra mileage padding into my SkyMiles account?

Thank you!
    -Bill

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Bill -- Thanks for reading! Generally speaking those are better rates than what they'd usually sell miles for, though not a rate at which I'd speculatively purchase miles. That's way too expensive still for SkyMiles, IMO.