ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards AmEx Gold points earning inaccurate

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by RyGuy, Nov 23, 2018.

1. RyGuy

RyGuy New Member

AmEx seems to miss the multiplier on approximately 1/3 of my restaurant purchases, even though the category listed is “restaurant - restaurant”. They didn’t have a good explanation on the phone (and I was passed between 5 CSRs). They implied that I had to call each month to get credited for missing points. I later received a cryptic email stating that I received missing “miles”. Anyone else having these issues?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Maybe something on the back end is just being worked out with all the new Amex changes? I'd hope it gets fixed across the board - calling each month seems tedious. But, if you have a lot of points on the line, that seems worth a phone call every few weeks!

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

4. Clem

Clem Member

Ah glad I'm not the only one! I noticed that as well.

5. ericbogs

ericbogs New Member

Now that I’ve had the card for several months, I’m seeing about 25% of eligible restaurant charges getting rewarded incorrectly (1x instead of 4x).

I’ve tried disputing these several times through Amex CSR chat and phone. Each time, it gets escalated, I get a case ID, but nobody every follows up.

I just filed a complaint with the CFPB (Consumer Finance Protection Bureau) and I encourage you to do the same. https://complaint.consumerfinance.gov

6. tadasu

tadasu New Member

you will not get bonus points if the transaction is processed through Square