ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Amex plat air credit & delta mileage booster

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Adam123, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Adam123

Adam123 New Member

So using American Express airline credit no longer works for delta gift cards. But what about the delta mileage booster? Will the credit work for it? Anyone tried it?

2. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

It worked for me with AA at a kiosk when checking in... I know it is a poor way to pay for miles, but like you I had Amex credits to burn. I'd give it a try.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    MidSouth Skier likes this.
  3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

It still works if buying a ticket charge upto ~250 in conjunction with a gift card. I'd head over to the flyertalk thread on DL reimbursements for more details.

4. Adam123

Adam123 New Member

Ok I tried it and it worked!

More specifically I used my Amex for a $44 mileagebooster of 2000 miles. Got a refund from Amex for $44

5. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

That's good to know though 2.2 com is probably more than I would want to pay for DL miles on a speculative basis. I think using the credit towards a ticket in conjunction with gift cards is still the better way to go.