ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Amex Platinum 60k Welcome Bonus timing?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Brian LAX, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Brian LAX

Brian LAX Reader

Hello all,
    Fairly simple question but one I can't seem to find answered anywhere....I currently have my Amex Platinum and have spent (and paid off) the $5000 required for the 60k point sign up bonus.

Are the points credited to my account immediately or do I have to wait until the end of the 3rd month's billing cycle? Considering the welcome bonus is 60k points after spending $5k in three months...

Thanks!

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

It should happen relatively quickly - the bonus points from an AMEX Preferred that I just opened posted within a week of hitting the minimum spend last month