ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Annual fee for Virgin Atlantic M/C

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by GBOAC, Dec 30, 2020.

1. GBOAC

GBOAC Member

I acquired a VA MC at the beginning of 2020 and pocketed the bonus miles. Other than the initial spend to get the bonus I haven't used the card. I will be billed the annual fee next month and I'm considering whether to keep the card (the agent I talked with told me they cannot waive the fee).
    I believe I can cancel the card and still keep the VA FF account active. I haven't taken time to review all the details about VA FF accounts , and I'm hoping someone here is familiar enough with VA that might be able to share some suggestions about the best strategy with which to proceed.
    Thanks

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Looks like as of late September VA FF miles (or points as they're called now) do not expire per this post:
    https://onemileatatime.com/virgin-points/

So looks like you shouldn't have issues keeping the account open.

Gaurav likes this.