ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Antimasker Complaint

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Glenndaddy, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Glenndaddy

Glenndaddy Reader

While reading through the articles, looking for policy on wearing masks on a plane and In airports , I noticed, or was only able to find, your opinion on why we should wear one. No where did I see any mention about the medical restriction a person may have that exempts them from wearing a mask. Is this how you relay all information? If you THINK we should do something because its rude not to, then we must? Regardless of laws, rights, medical issues? Just wondering.

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Hi @Glendaddy, thanks for reading!

We support scientific and evidence-based solutions that allow society, travel, and commerce the best chance of making it through a global pandemic with minimal damage.

There are almost zero medical restrictions that actually prevent someone from wearing a mask. The legitimate ones include:
    • Children younger than two
    • People who are actively having trouble breathing
    • People who are unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance
    If those apply to you (and assuming you are over the age of two), you should be seeking immediate medical attention, not grandstanding on a plane and potentially causing harm to others over a mild concession to decency in the face of mass death and disability.

Beyond that, the ADA allows restrictions to stand if an individual poses a “direct threat to the health or safety of others,” and a widespread pandemic absolutely meets that threshold, so that is not a valid argument in this case either.

So no, you are clearly not "just wondering", and we will not be giving a platform to "both sides" when points are objectively not being made in good-faith.

RTBones, pstm91, Gaurav and 6 others like this.