ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Any Reason to Keep Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Card

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Andrew A, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Andrew A

Andrew A Reader

Hi,

I've had the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card for 18-24 months now and picked up the US Airways card a few months ago. Now my US Airways card is being converted to the Aviator Red, which seems to have all the same benifits as the Platinum Select except perhaps zone 1 boarding.

Since I can't get any additional sign-up bonuses in the future from the Aviator card but I can get a new sign-up bonus on the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select 18 months after I cancel it, is there really any reason to NOT cancel the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card asap?

With the Aviator I still get the first checked bag free, 25% discount on in-flight purchases, reduced mileage awards, and 10% of redeemed mileage back annually (up to 10,000 miles) of which I've actually already reached the max for 2015.

As additional background I also have a Citi AAdvantage Gold card, which I keep simply because I've had it since 2001.

larry likes this.
  2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

Andrew, to be honest I can't see an upside to you keeping it. I'd probably cancel it in your shoes as well.