ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Asiana downgrade

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by cooperdog, May 15, 2019 at 1:06 PM.

1. cooperdog

cooperdog Reader

My sister and I have a trip planned for October. I booked my Asiana first award using Aeroplan miles, she used United. We were downgraded to business, and we do not wish to do that on OZ. There are no other transpacific award seats available (well, maybe Air China) - so does Aeroplan have any obligation to us? Will they try to open award space on another carrier, or just offer a refund? I haven’t called them yet, but just wondering how to proceed. Thanks very much.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Airlines usually cannot open award space on another carrier. I would request a difference of mileage on J vs F. You could also keep your eyes open until closer to departure and see if other F space opens up and request a change with a waiver of change fees.

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member