ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Avoid Alaska Airlines award ticket change fee

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Cal, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Cal

Cal Member

I have no status with AS. Currently I have TPE-HKG-YYZ award on CX booked using AS miles. I’ve been hoping to drop the first segment, TPE-HKG for a while since our TPE plans changed. However I’d be forced to eat the change fee 375$ (3 people x 125$) which I would prefer not to do.

Recently with some of the frequency changes on CX, the HKG-YYZ leg was changed from 10:30am to 6:15pm. With such a vast change in departure time, would I be able to use this schedule change to get a fee waiver to drop the first segment?

2. Michael M

Michael M Member

Maybe. CX has been making a lot of significant changes to their upcoming flight time schedules lately. You won't know the answer to your question until you actually call AK.